Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8th Email --- 9 MONTHS TO GO !!!!

Hey Everyone,
Its been a rough week this past week. Daishia who was supposed to be baptized yesterday wasn't and we aren't teaching her anymore. Here is the story, so on Tuesday we scheduled a time to meet with her to go over the baptismal interview questions and make sure everything was still on schedule. She text us and told us she isn't going to be baptized anymore and she won't be meeting with us but appreciated everything that we have done for her. What had happened is she told her parents about what she was going to do and they drove up from Miami (which is about a 4 hour drive) to pick her up and take her home so she wouldn't be baptized in our church. Her parents almost withdrew her from school. They anti-ed her and told her that they are gonna pray over her and find her a new church to attend while she is at school. The weird thing is everything that her parents told her that wasn't true about the church was the same stuff she argued against in her other church. But she is very respectful of her parents and there is nothing we can do about that. The seed is planted and when the time come she will be able to make those steps and join the church. She has a strong testimony and its in the Lord's hands now. Finding this week hasn't been the best. We are still trying to find people to teach and bring unto Christ. We will be diligent in our finding and know that the Lord will guide us where to go and what to say. We were able to visit with Tim again this past week and the Lord was able to give me a tender mercy. After reading more chapters out of the Book of Mormon Tim began to ask us deep doctrine questions. In my heart I prayed for the guidance of the Spirit to be able to answer his questions as well as my companion to have that knowledge. The Lord blessed us not only with the understanding and answers to these questions but He also blessed us with the ability to answer them in simplicity. It was a great testimony builder to me of not only how great this gospel is but also how simple the Lord makes it when it really comes down to it. Speaking of testimonies this past week in fast and testimony meeting I had the opportunity to get up and bear my testimony. It has been many many years since I have gotten up in fast and testimony meeting. I loved it! I don't know why it has been so long but I'm happy that I have overcome that tiny obsticle in my life. For those of you at home don't hesitate to get up. The Spirit isn't going to slap you in the face and tell you to get up, it's going to be a small and gentle feeling. By bearing your testimony in front of others not only is your testimony going to grow but also those who hear it. In D&C 62:3 it says "ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you" so when you bear your testimony it will be recorded and the angels will rejoice over you!! So bear your testimony whenever possible it doesn't have to be in a meeting and it doesn't need to be "I bear my testimony..." its just telling others of the truthfulness that you have of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! This past Saturday Elder Alber and I had the opportunity to go with the assistants to the mission home to stretch, have breakfast, and studies in the morning with them as well as President and Sister Summerhays. That man is flexible!! haha. He put me to shame! But as a group we studied Alma 7 and what a great and spiritual experience that was!! I have been so blessed to have the opportunity to serve President and Sister Summerhays. What great people!! They really and sincerely care about each and every missionary out here and want the very best for us. They really have taken the role of "parents" to the missionaries. I could go on and on about them they are just so amazing!!
I Love You All!!
Elder Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment