Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22nd Email

Hey Everyone!
Thanksgiving is here!!! I love Thanksgiving it is my favorite holiday!! This past week has been hard but has not set back our spirit here. Transfers came this past week and Elder Alber and I are staying another 6 weeks together and we are pumped! The month of December the students are out of school and go home for the holidays so things in our area are going to be really slow so we talked with President Summerhays and we came up with the idea that we will travel around our zone this upcoming month and help the missionaries in each of there areas to jumpstart the work. I love working with other missionaries and am going to have a blast this December. I have gratitude for the opportunity to serve the Lord Jesus Christ. I have gratitude to serve with my companion, Elder Alber. I have gratitude to serve with the missionaries of the Florida Tampa Mission. I have gratitude for my family and friends who are serving valiantly and being extremely supportive at home. I have gratitude that I made promises to live by in the Florida Tampa Mission. I have gratitude that I will be accountable to the Lord and to the leaders of the church for how well I honor those promises. I have gratitude and I would rather be here serving our Savior than anywhere else on earth. These are just a few of the blessings that I am grateful for this time of year. And I pray that I will follow the Prophet Thomas S. Monson when he told us in conference, “A grateful heart…comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives.” The Savior is the way. “Let us follow Him. Let us emulate His example. Let us obey His words. By so doing, we give to Him the divine gift of gratitude.”
I Love You All So Much!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Elder Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment