Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5th Email !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Everyone,
Elder Nielson and I are trying to really get the work going down here in Naples. After a lot of discussing and planning we've come up with some ideas to best approach the work down here. Elder Nielson and his last companion did a lot of tracting and after being in Port Charlotte and seeing how effective working smart was I did not want to tract unless we had absolutely nothing else to do. We have a 30 page roster front and back of members in the ward and their is no way that even half of them come to church. We are calling and/or visiting every member in the roster that is in our area of the ward. It was extremely effective in Port Charlotte and this ward is really capable of expanding tremendously. We already have 2 elders quorums so there is no reason it couldn't be expanded to 2 wards within the next year. We have done a lot of area book work and trying to set up lessons with old investigators and it's looking good. We are gonna start reteaching a girl named Tisha. We've dropped Rosa because she decided she is going to go to a Presbyterian church on Marco Island that is closer as well as that is where her daughter is going and her daughter didn't want to go to a different church and so she wanted to be in the same church as her daughter. We were out to dinner this past week and sat next to an older couple. We started talking and joking around with them and then they started asking us questions on why we are out here and what we are doing. An hour and a half went by and we had taught the first lesson with them in the restaurant! It was a great experience and we will be following up with them this week and hopefully continue to progress them. I've done a lot of studying about Preach My Gospel and applying it to life in and out of the mission. It has everything in there to organize what I am wanting to do and how I can achieve what I want to do in my life both spiritually and temporally. Just like so many successful businesses they have a mission statement, and out here on the mission we too have a mission statement "Our purpose is to invite people to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End." I started to think about what is MY mission statement for life. I'm still pondering on what I'm going to choose and I've got a few ideas and want everything I want to do on life and the choices I make to be in harmony with that mission statement I have set for myself. Elder Nielson's knee is still bugging him and got another MRI this past week with contrast and will find out the results this Friday. Hopefully nothing is torn or else he will probably have to go home and have surgery.
I love you all!
See you next month!!
Elder salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment