Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4th Email !!!!! 4 months to go...!!!!

Hey Everyone,
It was hard this past week to say goodbye to everyone in the singles ward. I have made a lot of good friendships that will last me through out my life. I am so grateful for the lessons I have learned in that area and around my peers and hope to take those experiences and turn them into positive actions for others. Port Charlotte is definately a whole different type of area then Tampa. I'm in the "country" of Florida. I've been able to meet some of the members and work with our investigators in this area. I am learning a lot especially teaching little children, I am extremely rusty on that but I was reminded of the joy in seeing them learn about the Gospel. I am lucky to have a great zone. We all met this past Wednesday for a Zone District Meeting and I have been blessed to be surrounded by hard working missionaries and good friends such as Elder Alber and Elder Sharp. I was so excited to hear about Grandma and Grandpa and their mission call to Nauvoo!! They are going to have so much fun and are going to be magnificent servants in the Lord's vineyard! Conference was amazing!! I learned a lot and many of my prayers were answered. Conference began with the choir singing, “Glory to God on High”. We need to remember that Christ came to the earth to obey the Father and to bring Him the glory and allowing us to return. The opening prayer included the plea that we would be able to apply what we would learn in conference. I was inspired by the humility of Elder Holland as he reminded us of the responsibilities of the General Authorities to teach us in our diversity. They go forth in their callings, not of their own strength, but in the Strength of the Lord. Therefore they go forth in peace, confidence and happiness. Elder Bednar gave the church members magnificent promises related to receiving personal revelation as he compared the light of a light switch to the light of the rising sun. Our ability to humbly receive revelation in faith will largely determine our ability to see miracles in this work. We can do so much more as we plead in faith and go forth “in the strength of the Lord.” We can do so much more than we could otherwise. We must all strive with all our hearts to tap into this power. Faith includes confidence in the mission and power of the Holy Ghost. Through faith you receive answers to your prayer and personal revelation to guide you in the Lord’s work. Much was said about God’s promises to us. Elder Carl B. Pratt reminded us that the Lord remembers and fulfills all of His promises based on our obedience to the commandments. Cecil Samuelson said that those who pay the price will receive God’s promises. Elder Nelson reminded us that ‘angels are round about us to bear us up’.
I Love You All,
Elder Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment